I’ve worked on multiple Television Academy projects:
Web app design
QA & Testing
PROJECT CHALLENGES & KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARDS PLATFORM
- System must be flexible enough to accept applications into over one-hundred categories, each with differing submission requirements
- Easy for a user to submit an single application, or as many as four-hundred
- Applicant account to validate with Television Academy membership platform
- Simplify application process
- Incorporate online payments
- Multiple permission levels
- Full awards accounting interface to report to TV Academy accounting
- Full editing capabilities of categories, and application details (the required information changes each year)
- Easy to use and accessible on all devices, optimized for Desktop and Tablet
- Date controlled interface. The submission period varies each year and they required the ability to make the platform available, read only, and closed, throughout the year
AWARDS PLATFORM WIREFRAMES
There were a lot of them, it’s a big system…
- Modern and clean appearance – Academy employees spend a lot of time in this system, they don’t want to look at something ugly
- Easy to use
- Must follow established TV Academy workflow and nomenclature
- The application must be visually informed by the overall TV Academy brand
After going through the requirements, and asking more questions, I dove into the initial wireframes. These were built grey-scale in Sketch, and then tied together as a prototype in InVision. This was a complex application so took quite a few months to complete with many client reviews and meetings.
Once the wireframes were approved I moved on to developing a visual language for the application, and directed another designer to build out all the pages. Again, building that into an InVision prototype.
Once the designs were complete I helped manage the development team, and sourced a dedicated QA team to work on the phased delivery and launch of the system.
AWARDS PLATFORM DESIGNS