Client & User Interviews
QA & Testing
PROJECT CHALLENGES & KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARDS PLATFORM
- System must be flexible enough to accept applications into over one-hundred categories, each with differing submission requirements
- Easy for a user to submit an single application, or as many as four-hundred
- Applicant account to validate with Television Academy membership platform
- Simplify application process
- Incorporate online payments
- Assign different users to different areas of platform
- eCommerce and manual payments, accounting backend
- Category management tools (the required information in over 100 categories changes each year)
- Optimized for desktop and tablet
- Applicant messaging and changelog
- Robust search
- Detailed reporting
AWARDS PLATFORM WIREFRAMES
There were over a hundred wireframes developed into a clickable model that were presented to the client (who in this case was the user on the Admin side) so we could talk through each stage of the workflow in detail before committing to any technical development.
- Modern and clean appearance – Academy employees spend a lot of time in this system, they don’t want to look at something ugly
- Easy to use
- Must follow established TV Academy workflow and nomenclature
- The application must be visually informed by the overall TV Academy brand
After going through the business requirements, asking more questions, getting more details from Academy users I dove into the initial wireframes. These were built grey-scale in Sketch, and then tied together as a prototype in InVision. This was a complex application so took quite a few months to complete with many client reviews and meetings.
Once the wireframes were approved I moved on to developing a visual language for the application, and directed another designer to build out all the pages. Again, building that into an InVision prototype. Our user testing at this stage was mostly done on the client side, iterating the UI in phases.
Once the high fildelity prototypes were complete I helped manage the development team, and sourced a dedicated QA team to work on the phased delivery and launch of the system.
AWARDS PLATFORM DESIGNS